Sunday 10 August 2014

The Reading Habits Tag!

Hey guys! So, Amy and I decided to do another 'tag' in-which you find out a little more about us and our reading habits!
We hope you enjoy! :D


Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
J - I like to read every-where really, be that the living room, the kitchen, my bedroom, etc. I mostly love reading in bed though, just the thought of laying there, comfortably, with a good book in your hands is so peaceful :)

A - When I read, I like to be in a place where I'm not going to be disturbed. I'm most likely going to read before bed or when I wake up (only if the book has captured me and is pulling me into its world!!). It may sound weird, but I have to be in the mood to read!

Bookmark or random piece of paper?
J - It has to be a bookmark, I have some from Harry Potter World, one from Book Depository and one that came with my copy of 'The Shining' by Stephen King :) (At the moment I am using all of them...)

A - I have a bookmark, which is in another book that I haven't finished reading, so it would have to be a piece of paper at the moment. It does have my drawing of a penguin on it, which makes it super cool!

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain number of pages?
J - I have to read to either the next chapter or an even numbered page, for example; if I'm reading and I get to page 65, I will have to read to page 66 or 68... weird right?

A - Normally I'll stop at the end of a chapter,  but if I'm busy i'll just stop on any random page.

Do you eat or drink when reading?
J - I don't eat when I read, but I will have a drink next to me. 

A - You may or may not find me drinking tea, but I won't be eating.

Do you watch TV or listen to music whilst reading?
J - I am able to read while the TV is on because I don't really watch T.V (unless it's a really good show such as GoT or TWD) but I get distracted by music and start singing along to it, haha.

A - I like a bit of background noise, but if a song comes on that I like, I'll immediately be distracted and sing along :)

One book at a time or several at once?
J - Several at a time! I'm a really un-organised reader, at the moment I have 3-4 books on the go.

A - I don't like reading several at a time, but if I'm reading a book and I see another good one, I may start reading it!

Reading at home or everywhere?
J - It depends really, if it's sunny outside I'll go outside and read but generally, yeah I read everywhere :)

A - Anywhere I feel in the mood to read, I'll read. It would be nice to have a dedicated reading chair or place though.

Reading out loud or silently in your head?
J - Silently in my head... with the occasional small stifle of laughter... which grants me with odd glances from my family...

A - Silently, but if I'm reading a book and I've just read something really amazing, I'll read it out loud to try and comprehend how amazing it was, haha!

Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
J - I tend to flick through the book, mostly to make a note on what the halfway page number of the book is... weird I know >.<

A - I may read ahead if it's just so good and I can't wait to read what happens next, but most of the time I don't.

Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
J - Keeping it new, I try to keep all of my books looking like the way that I bought them, new and clean.

A - I hate bending a book too much, but sometimes it can't be helped unfortunately!!

Do you write in your books?
J - Nope... do people do that? Is it a thing?

A - Oh no, I don't see the point in it. Just use a sticky note or something!

What are you currently reading?
J - I am currently reading: 'Authority' by Jeff VanderMeer, 'The Shining' by Stephen King and 'The Silmarillion' by J.R.R Tolkien. :)

A - I'm reading 'Wicked Game' by Adam Chase and I'm STILL reading about the life of Esther Earl.

There you have it, a little bit about mine and Joe's reading habits!
:D

0 comments:

Post a Comment